Our space now occupies about 6500 square feet (looks bigger on the inside), including two 2000 sq ft warehouse bays, along with general work space, office and support areas. WE are in North East Calgary, just off of Deerfoot (Highway 2) at 32nd Ave NE.
Facilities available to members include (training may be required):
- Electronics Area
- 3D Printer Village
- Laser Cutters
- Woodworking Shop (table saw, miter saw, bandsaw, sanders, planners, jointer, etc.)
- Machining Shop (milling machine, lathe, CNC milling machine)
- Welding Shop (MIG, aluminum spool gun, AC/DC arc/stick, A/C TIG [on the way soon])
- Member Storage
- Classroom Space (with computers and projector)
- Office/Small Meeting Room
Our space is continuing to grow, adding new tools and features every month. If you haven’t seen us in a while, you should drop by and and see what’s new!
Address: Bay 108-110, 1530 27th Avenue NE
Designated spots available in the read parking lot, alternatively street parking. Door bell available at rear entrance. Please use the front door during public Protospace events, as you will be required to sign in, and often be given a name tag.
As our space is in an industrial area and not overly pedestrian friendly, to help make it easier we offer a loose car pool system and there are often members happy to give you a lift home if you can get down to the space.
Here are the nearest transit stops:
- Stop: 6033 – NB 12 ST@27 AV NE
- Stop: 7512 – EB 27 AV@12 ST NE
- Stop: 7522 – WB 27 AV@15 ST NE