Class #11277, Course #321
This is the required course to use the Trotec laser engraver (the shiny new red one). The Trotec is faster, more reliable, and capable of engraving greyscale nuances from an image or vector file in a single pass. It is a different class of machine than the older, “Rabbit” laser that we are used to.
Members trained on the Trotec have 6 hours of use per month included in their membership Additional hours are billed at extra cost. (Discounted prepayments are available.) You can also reserve time on the Trotec.
Although this course has a cost, you aslo get another 15 free hours to use anytime after you are trained. (See the minutes of the Jan 2018) meeting if you want more details.
- Completed New Member Orientation and General Safety
- Completed the Rabbit laser training course
- Membership dues current, and no other fees owing to Protospace
Requirements to use the Trotec:
- Complete this course.
- Complete a short practical project, with help or supervision, that includes a cut and an engrave
- Agreement to the Trotec policies laid out here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By-vvp6fxFekUF9WZG9jaFdwMHc
- This Course still under construction. Bear with us as we iron out wrinkles.
- There is a $40 fee for this course, however, those who take this course (and pay the fee) have an extra 15 hours of Trotec time, that does not expire.
Presented by: Byron H